Kids & K9s
July 22 – 26, 2019
9 a.m. to noon
This camp offers the unique opportunity for participants to learn to train their own dogs. Campers will attend training sessions alongside their canine companions during this week-long camp. They will learn basic skills and tricks with the help of Richmond SPCA expert trainers. The Richmond SPCA will provide treats, pouches and clickers for training.
All participating dogs must:
- Be kid- and dog-friendly
- Be 6 months of age or older
- Current on the following vaccinations: Rabies, Distemper/Parvo, and Bordetella (proof is required two weeks prior to camp)
- Be spayed or neutered
- Wear flat collar and a 6’ leash (no chain leashes or prong collars)
- Be comfortable with being in a crate for 30 – 45 minutes at a time
- Be able to “sit” when asked
Available for rising 6th through 9th graders for a half-day (9 a.m. – noon) $225/week.
Extended care is not available for this camp.