Crate Training Workshop – Virtual
February 24, 2021
Wednesday 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
Instructor: Alisha Fritz
This workshop will introduce you to techniques designed to help your dog be more comfortable entering and spending time in a crate. In the workshop, we will cover:
- Styles of crates, other options for confinement, and when each is appropriate to use
- How to use a crate appropriately and humanely
- Introducing dogs of any age to the movement and noise of a crate
- Games to make a dog excited to enter a crate
- Exercises to help the dog settle quietly while being crated
You are welcome to attend with your dog and practice the exercises in real time or watch the workshop and try the exercises with your dog later.
Time will be left at the end of the presentation to answer questions about attendees’ individual households and dogs.
This workshop will not cover separation anxiety (the dog is anxious when alone with symptoms such as breaking out of the crate or biting the bars) or severe confinement anxiety (the dog is anxious when confined to the point of breaking out or biting the bars even when human guardians are present).
90 minute virtual workshop via zoom.
More information about virtual courses via zoom is available here: What you need.