Mouthy Behavior Workshop
Saturday, March 23, 2019
2:00 to 3:30 p.m.
Instructor: Alisha Fritz
This workshop will address how to train dogs who put their mouth on you in a friendly manner, meaning they are not biting but displaying behavior that is inappropriate and may be uncomfortable for the human. Topics will range from how to handle basic mouthing to get attention or during play, up to what to do when the dog becomes so worked up they are difficult to calm. We will go back and forth between training with the dogs and discussing what to do at home, so please bring several items for your dog to chew on during down times to help keep them calm (such as Bully Sticks or stuffed Kongs). Enrolled dogs must be up-to-date on vaccinations and at least 4 months old. Additional handlers are welcome.
- Dog wearing flat collar (body harness or head halter also okay)
- 4-6 ft leash, no retractable leashes
- Plenty of soft/stinky treats that your dogs loves (e.g. hot dogs, string cheese, chicken)
- Several items for your dog to chew during down time (e.g. Bully Sticks or stuffed Kong toys)
- Something to carry treats such as a training pouch