Next Step Puppy
September 21 – October 26, 2022
Wednesdays at 5:30 p.m.
Please read the Richmond SPCA Training Class COVID-19 Policies before attending your first class.
Instructor: Lesley Gurule
For puppies up to 12 months old at the start of class who have graduated from our Good Start Puppy 2 class.
All classes are with dogs.
This class will take foundational skills learned in Good Start Puppy to the next step. Polish verbal cues, discover how behaviors can be practical solutions in everyday life, add some fun new behaviors, and continue to help your dog be more comfortable for visits to the veterinarian and groomers. The class will explore how management, training and enrichment can help address undesirable behavior issues common in adolescent dogs. Your puppy will have the opportunity to make new friends, and perhaps reunite with some old ones, during play and socialization time. Together, you’ll work on:
- Creating positive experiences and learning helpful behaviors for grooming and veterinary visits
- Position changes (sit, down, stand) for a verbal cue and hand signal
- Stay and wait for ever increasing distractions
- Loose Leash Walking
- Addressing behavior issues common to young adult dogs
- Confidence building
- Puppy has completed Richmond SPCA’s Good Start Puppy 2.
- Puppy is between up to 12 months old
- Spaying or neutering prior to the start of class is highly recommended
Six-session, one-hour class at Smoky’s Training Center.