COVID-19 Safety at the Dog Jog and 5K Run
The Richmond SPCA carefully monitors and abides by public health guidance and state orders related to COVID-19, so details regarding our event could change at anytime. We will communicate updates and make information available on our website as they become available. We highly encourage all guests and participants to be fully vaccinated before attending this year’s Dog Jog and 5K Run. If you are not vaccinated, we highly recommend wearing a mask while attending our event.
- We will have handwashing stations and plenty of hand sanitizer available for your use.
- If you are participating in the in-person Dog Jog or 5K or visiting our drive-through packet pickup, we ask you to maintain six feet of distance between you and non-family or non-household members.
- Masks are optional, but highly recommended when inside the Richmond SPCA or Smoky’s Training Center, regardless of vaccination status. We have masks (including those sized for children) for anyone who needs one. We have updated our mask policy in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Participants may not attend or participate on the official 5K, Dog Jog or “Little Paws” Fun Run courses if they or someone in their household is experiencing any of the following symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea.
- Participants may not attend or participate on the official 5K, Dog Jog or “Little Paws” Fun Run courses if they have received a positive test within the past 14 days for the virus that causes COVID-19 or had close and prolonged contact within the past 14 days with someone who is presumed positive or who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- On the day of our event, please stay home or access our Run Anywhere option if you:
- Have a fever of 100.4 degrees or higher
- Are coughing, have chills, a headache, sore throat, muscle aches, loss of taste or smell, congestion, a runny nose, diarrhea, tiredness or fatigue
- Are unvaccinated and have been in contact with someone within the last 5 days that has tested positive for COVID-19
- Have had a positive COVID-19 test within the past 5 days (a mask is required if it has been fewer than 10 days)
- Are unvaccinated and living with someone who is experiencing any of the above symptoms.