Over The Edge Fundraising Tips
It may seem like you have all the time in the world, but September 24 will be here before you know it. The sooner you start, the more money you’ll raise for pets in need – and the sooner you’ll reach your goal. Awesome fundraising incentives await, too!
Get help from your support system
Share, share, share! Share your personal fundraising page, photos and videos to promote your efforts and your progress – and the animals you are fundraising to help!
Social media is an excellent tool to spread the word about your fundraising efforts to go Over The Edge. Your personal fundraising page also has an email system built in that you can use to contact your friends, family members and colleagues and ask them to donate through your page.
Don’t sleep on handwritten notes! Handwritten requests for support are excellent motivators, and thank you notes will mean a lot to people who’ve donated to help you go Over The Edge.
Does your company match charitable contributions? Ask your human resources department if your company will match your donations or the total funds you raise!
Get creative with your asks
- Visit the Thomas F. Farrell II Building and take a photo or video panning up from the street and share it along with a request for support.
- Visit the Richmond SPCA and take photos or videos with pets in our care that your fundraising will help.
- Have you adopted a pet from the Richmond SPCA? Share your adoption story and how your pet has positively impacted your life.
- Share what your supporters’ donations can do for pets in need:
- $25 can bottle-feed four infant kittens for two weeks
- $50 can help fuel our transfer van so we can travel to shelters in rural Virginia to transfer homeless pets into our care
- $125 can pay the adoption fee for a senior pet
- $250 can offset the already low fees in our Susan M. Markel Veterinary Hospital for a family in need
- $500 can treat five dogs for life-threatening heartworm disease
- Divide your fundraising total by the number of floors (20) or feet (335) you’re rappelling. This helps people understand how much their support can help you reach your goal. For example: For every $16.75 you donate, I get one floor closer to the top of the Thomas F. Farrell II Building!
Network with other rappellers
Join our Over The Edge for the Richmond SPCA Rappellers Facebook group, and share and learn from others’ fundraising ideas.
Recorded webinar from Over The Edge: How to raise $1,000
Follow these steps to raise $1,000 in 6 weeks!