Dog Jog and 5K Run Team Toolkit
Thanks for forming a team for our 20th Annual Dog Jog and 5K Run! Proceeds from this event support the lifesaving programs and services of the Richmond SPCA. Your work to solicit donations in honor of your participation in this year’s event will help the Richmond SPCA save thousands of homeless pets in our community, and can win you amazing prizes!
Your first steps
- Create a team and register yourself as a team captain online.
- Enhance your team and personal web pages with photos, stories and other personal touches.
- Begin recruiting team members.
- Begin collecting donations.
Keep the ball rolling
- Communicate with your team on a weekly basis. Keep them updated on your progress as a team, event news, etc.
- Continue recruiting new team members and collecting donations. You may mail checks to the Richmond SPCA at 2519 Hermitage Road, Richmond, VA 23220 and deliver cash contributions to the front desk of our humane center.
- Use your company email or school newsletters to distribute information about the event.
- Make a list of and contact businesses who may want to contribute to your team.
The Home Stretch
- Ask team members to recruit a friend to join the team.
- Decide if your team will be dressing in themed outfits.
The Week of the Event
- Be sure that you have all event details from our website and communicate those details to your team members.
- Decide whether team members will pick up their own goody bags, bib numbers (5K participants only), T-shirts and medals in advance of the event, or if you will do that for the group. Be sure to communicate this to your team members. If you would like to pick up your team’s swag and other items, please email Janae Jones or call 804-521-1309 so that we can gather everything prior to your arrival.
- Continue to collect donations!
On March 26
- Encourage your team members to post photos of them running the 5K jogging with their dog in the Dog Jog on social media and use the hashtag #DogJog.
- Turn in donations from all team members to the front desk of our humane center.
- Enjoy participating!
After the Event
- Collect and turn in any additional donations.
- Congratulate and thank your team members for their time, effort and dedication.
- Thank those who supported your team by making a donation.