Richmond SPCA Training Class COVID-19 Policies
During COVID-19, the Richmond SPCA has put in place a number of precautions to protect the health and wellbeing of our staff and clients. All bathrooms are stocked with hand soap, and hand sanitizer is available elsewhere in the training facility. Class instructors are routinely washing their hands, and they are wearing face coverings while also practicing physical distancing. Class instructors experiencing acute respiratory illnesses are staying home and not teaching in the facility. Instructors who are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and have been exposed to positive or presumed-positive COVID-19 patients are staying home and not teaching in the facility.
Throughout the public health emergency, students are expected to:
- Wash hands regularly and sanitize hands as needed throughout the class.
- Bring your own supply of dog treats and avoid close contact if sharing treats with other students.
- Practice physical distancing (keeping at least 6 feet away from instructors and other students).
- Stay home if experiencing acute respiratory illness or if you are not fully vaccinated and have been exposed to positive or presumed-positive COVID-19 patients.
- Follow Centers for Disease Control guidance as it relates to domestic and international travel while enrolled in classes at the Richmond SPCA.
I will not attend class at the Richmond SPCA if I have any of the following:
- A new dry cough
- A newly-identified shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- A fever (100.4°F or higher)
- Used fever-reducing medication in the last 24 hours to treat a fever
- Chills or chills with repeated shaking
- A headache accompanied by another symptom in this list
- Tiredness/fatigue accompanied by another symptom in this list
- A new sore throat
- New muscle aches unrelated to physical activity
- A new loss of taste or smell
- Diarrhea, nausea and/or vomiting unattributable to another health condition
- Congestion or runny nose unattributable to another health condition
- A positive test within the past 5 days for the virus that causes COVID-19 (so long as my symptoms have largely resolved)
If I am unvaccinated or only partially vaccinated, I will also not attend class at the Richmond SPCA if I have any of the following:
- Close contact (within 6 feet for 15 minutes or longer with the infected party) within the past 14 days with someone who is presumed positive or tested positive for COVID-19
- Been living with someone who is experiencing any of the symptoms on this list