October 6 – November 17, 2021
Wednesdays at 6:15 p.m.
Instructor: Mel Hardwick
Prerequisite: Canine Manners, Surviving Adolescence, or an equivalent basic manners class. Students should be familiar with the basics of clicker and reward-based training. Your companion should have already been introduced to sit, down, stay, come, and leave it. These behaviors do not need to be perfect.
House Manners will help your dog put his best paw forward and develop polite behaviors in the home. We will cover the following specifically regarding situations commonly found during a dog’s day to day life:
- Getting on and off furniture when asked
- Not jumping on houseguests
- Crating nicely (if needed)
- Leave it
- Waiting at doors
- Not bolting from the car when the door is opened
Time will be left during each class to discuss common behavior issues such as:
- Counter Surfing (stealing items from counters and tables)
- House Training (if needed)
- Staying off furniture entirely (if needed)
We will not cover serious behavior issues that need more targeted assistance such as fearfulness of strangers or separation anxiety.
All classes are with dogs.
All dogs must be 6 months of age or older and current on vaccinations.
Seven-session, one-hour class in the second half of Smoky’s Training Center