Updates related to COVID-19
The Richmond SPCA carefully monitors COVID-19-related guidance set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and the Virginia Department of Health. During the pandemic, we have continually adapted our program and service delivery in order to effectively deliver our mission while keeping our team and the community safe. Please visit this page for updates about our operations. Thank you for being our partners in lifesaving!
- Hand washing stations exist throughout the humane center and veterinary hospital.
- The overwhelming majority of our staff is fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- If you are experiencing symptoms of respiratory illness, we ask that you wait to visit us until you are well.
- Our adoption center is open for walk-in visitors and prospective adopters, and we look forward to helping you meet your match in our humane center.
- You can preview dogs and cats available for adoption on our website. New pets become available every day, and our website is updated in real time.
- Phone-based adoption counseling appointments are available on a limited basis. For more details or to request such an appointment, please email email@example.com or call us at 804-521-1307.
Susan M. Markel Veterinary Hospital
- For your convenience, we are offering telemedicine via phone consultations for existing clients where appropriate.
- Clients can accompany their pets inside the veterinary hospital for the pets’ appointments. Requests for curbside service will still be accommodated when possible.
- If the hospital’s lobby becomes crowded during your visit, we may ask that you wait outside until an exam room is ready.
- Prescription refill payments can be taken by phone. Clients may also use MyVetStore Online to have prescriptions verified and shipped directly to their homes.
- We are deeply grateful for your generous gifts of in-kind and monetary donations any time our humane center is open. View our wish list for items we need. You may also make your gift online.
Thank you for your support of the Richmond SPCA. You are our allies in lifesaving, and we appreciate you and all that you do for your own pets and for homeless pets in our community. Thank you, and please stay healthy and well!