Our Wish List
Change in donation acceptance due to COVID-19: At this time, we are requesting that only the following items be dropped off at our center:
- Puppy training pads
- Large metal dog crates
- Cat toys (no feathers, wire, tinsel or catnip). Soft toys preferred.
- Unopened dog food (canned and dry food) to stock our Pet Pantry
- Unopened cat food (canned and dry food) to stock our Pet Pantry
- Yesterday’s News Unscented cat litter
- Gallon and quart-sized Ziploc bags
- Empty, refillable litter pails with handles
- Small stuffed dog toys (not stuffed with beans; no plastic eyes/noses)
- Busy toys for dogs (Kongs, Nylabones)
- Soft training treats for dogs
- Low-sodium chicken stock for canine picky eaters
When you arrive at our humane center, ring our doorbell and let our front desk associate know you are dropping off a donation. Please leave your item(s) in the vestibule of our humane center between noon and 5 p.m. on any weekday (Monday through Friday). You must wear a face covering to be allowed inside to drop off your donation.
If you are interested in donating items that are not listed above, please email us or call 804-521-1308 to learn if we can accept your generous donation.
Shop online for our pets
We also accept gift cards from the following retailers:
Please mail gift cards to us at 2519 Hermitage Road, Richmond, VA 23220 or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re so grateful for your support!
Items we do not accept:
- Opened dog and cat food
- Electric blankets
- Flexi/retractable leashes
- Used cat trees
- Used dog beds
Thanks to your generosity, we no longer need the following items:
- Tennis balls
- Dryer sheets
- Fabric softener
- Stainless steel litter pans
- Bed sheets