Our Running Buddies™ program provides our homeless dogs with much-needed exercise, which enhances their health and happiness while awaiting adoption. Thanks to our Running Buddies volunteers, dogs have an outlet for their energy!
Interested in becoming a Running Buddy? Here’s what you need to know:
- You must be an active volunteer with the Richmond SPCA. Successful completion of our dog handling class and Running Buddies orientation are required.
- You must be 18 years of age or older. Younger volunteers may run or walk alongside a parent or guardian who is over the age of 18.
- Each run (or walk), unless otherwise specified, is 3.1 miles and occurs mostly on sidewalks and roads.
- Runs are typically scheduled on Wednesday evenings and on Saturday and Sunday mornings.
- Runs will be canceled in the following conditions: ice/snow on roads, lightning, thunder, heavy storms and/or high temperatures.