Richmond SPCA Birthday Party COVID-19 Policies
Effective July 31, 2021: The Richmond SPCA will return to requiring all individuals, regardless of vaccination status, to mask while inside our humane center, veterinary hospital and training facilities. We are updating our mask policy in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention who recommended vaccinated people in areas of “high” or “substantial” transmission of Covid-19 resume masking indoors. Richmond City and the surrounding counties have reached these designations.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the Richmond SPCA has put in place precautions to protect the health and wellbeing of our staff, visitors, volunteers, clients and party guests. Birthday party hosts will be disinfecting shared surfaces, such as chairs and table surfaces, before and after each party. All bathrooms are stocked with hand soap, and hand sanitizer is available in the Exploratorium as well as throughout our facility. Birthday party hosts are routinely washing their hands, and they are wearing face coverings regardless of vaccination status while also practicing social distancing whenever possible.
Expectations for guests during the pandemic:
- Wear face coverings (if age 3 or older) that cover both the nose and mouth at all times regardless of vaccination status while inside the Richmond SPCA’s facility; guests may remove face coverings while eating in the Exploratorium
- Maintain physical distancing
- Wash hands upon arrival and as needed during the party
- Abide by capacity limitations (related to governmental executive orders)
- If you are experiencing acute respiratory symptoms or if you have been exposed to someone who has a positive or presumed-positive COVID-19 diagnosis (and you are not vaccinated), please stay home.