Dog Park Safety Workshop
August 10, 2020
Monday 7:15 – 8:45 p.m.
Instructor: Alisha Fritz
Many people have added canine companions to their families during COVID-19 and are now looking for ways to exercise those new pets. Many guardians look to dog parks as spaces where their dogs can experience freedom off leash, however, there is a lot more to unpack when considering a trip to the dog park. This workshop will cover the myths, potential safety concerns, and pros and cons of visiting dog parks. In this workshop, we will discuss what to look for when choosing exercise spaces and playmates appropriate for your individual dog.
Covered topics will include:
- Myths surrounding dog play and socialization
- What dog personalities are best suited for the dog park
- Recommended training before visiting
- How to tell if your dog is enjoying him/herself
- When to intervene and when to let dogs be dogs
- Issues that often arise with people visiting the dog park
- What to do if a fight breaks out
- We will leave plenty of time for questions
90 minute virtual workshop without dogs. For more information on virtual classes click here.